With the WR-100D, you can stream high resolution music from the following sources:
Online music services such as Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz, Rhapsody, Napster and many others*
Music from local network media server or NAS
Music local to your smart phone or tablet.
For a complete list of supported online services, refer to: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/allplay
The NuPrime iOS and Android App has been replaced by the D-Stream app. D-Stream Audio is the development partner for WR-100 and will take over the upgrade and maintenance of the App. D-Stream will continue to develop receivers (such as the 24-bit/192kHz Promo-HD) that are compatible with NuPrime’s digital port. Please refer to the Download & Upgrade tab. For other D-Stream products, visit www.d-streamaudio.com
Wi-Fi connection, dual band 2.4 & 5 GHz-2T/2R
Quick Connect to Home Wi-Fi network function (WPS via WLAN key)
Supports Direct Mode (direct access point) or network router connection
Party mode (Router mode only)
Multi-zones / Multi-room operation (router mode only)
Operation: Multi-color LED indicator; 2 keys on back
Power input: 5V DC – 1A (micro USB connector)
Power consumption in ON mode: < 5 W
Standards: CE, ERP2, REACH, ROHS
Comparison with Chromecast Audio ($35)
WR-100D has RJ-45 for wired internet streaming
WR-100D has analog input for re-streaming
WR-100D can operate with its own WiFi network in AP mode.
Very Easy to use iOS and Android App
1. The App will detect the presence of the receivers in the network
2. Name the WR-100D receivers, e.g., “Living Room,” “Master Bedroom,” etc.
3. Select the music source. In this demo, music is streamed from Spotify to the Living Room and to the Master Bedroom from local server.
4. Play the music and select the speaker. Local music is played from NuPrime app and online music is played from Spotify app. You select the music and speaker from within Spotify app.
Another Demo showing Master Bedroom playing music from local server and Living Room music streaming from Spotify.
* AllPlay is built on the AllJoyn™ framework, hosted by the AllSeen Alliance, to break through limitations of vertical solutions, such as a lack of flexibility and uncertain interoperability. With AllPlay, your favorite speakers can also interact with other connected devices in the larger ecosystem of the Internet of Everything.